[RE-wrenches] Battery Boxes

Jesse Dahl dahlsolar at gmail.com
Sat May 11 21:16:01 PDT 2013

Hello,

I visited a site on Friday to do some trouble-shooting on a system and noticed the battery box was homemade by the installer of the system. Made from lumber.  Seems to me like there may be some safety and liability issues with a homemade/lumber battery box. Maybe I'm getting gun shy after hearing sue stories.  Is this a common practice?  I did some looking and there really isn't a single box that would work for this system so it would've taken two boxes to do it, so that could be why they did it.

Thanks as always,

Jesse

Sent from my iPhone