[RE-wrenches] Staying current on Codes and Standards

Andrew Truitt atruitt at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:44:05 PDT 2013

Greetings!  I am looking for resources / strategies for staying current on
all codes and standards that relate to PV project development.  I.e.
anything from the IEEE, UL, and ASTM standards that govern product testing
up through the ICC "i-codes" (IBC, IRC, IFC...), NFPA codes, and ASHRAE
standards that relate to system design and construction and also anything
like IEC 62446 that relate to documentation, commissioning and O&M.  It's
quite an alpha-numeric soup out there - how do you ensure that each
department in your company stays current on the codes and standards that
effect their operation?

For a brighter energy future,

Andrew Truitt
NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™ (ID# 032407-66)

Principal
Truitt Renewable Energy Consulting, LLC****

(202) 486-7507

LinkedIn Profile <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-truitt/8/622/713>

Company Website <http://truittreconsulting.weebly.com/>
 <%28202%29%20486-7507>****

"Don't get me wrong: I love nuclear energy! It's just that I prefer fusion
to fission. And it just so happens that there's an enormous fusion reactor
safely banked a few million miles from us. It delivers more than we could
ever use in just about 8 minutes. And it's wireless!"

~William McDonough