[RE-wrenches] Enphase compatibility heads up

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Apr 16 16:54:07 PDT 2013

Colleagues:

I had occasion today to use the Enphase on-line compatibility
calculator.  My client bought some modules and M190 inverters from an E-bay
vendor.  The exact module model number was not listed on the compatibility
list so I was recommended by Enphase to use the calculator.

The result showed the module was compatible only with the M215
inverter.  Further research revealed that the calculator will never
indicate compatibility with M190s even if your module is indeed
compatible.  The reason I was given for this is that since Enphase no
longer makes M190s the calculator would not recommend them.

This is silly since we still encounter M190s in the field.  Be aware of
this situation if you ever need to use the calculator.  I informed the
customer support person of this concern and recommended that this tool be
corrected to show all compatibilities.  I don't know if they will change
this, but I hope so.

By the way does anyone know if the Sharp NU-US235F9 BX modules will work
with the Enphase M190? It appears so, but I don't want to recommend
something that does not work.

Thanks,

William

Miller Solar