[RE-wrenches] M-190s and no Insurance

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Tue Feb 26 11:40:10 PST 2013

Hello Wrenches,

I have customer with very small electrical loads that we specified a
very small system for.  The system is slightly under 1 kW with four
PV modules and four M-190 inverters.  Under out net metering rules,
we must provide proof of homeowner's insurance to net meter a
system.  As it turned out, he could not find a company that would
insure his house since it had never been insured, and since a portion
of the house is built on poles. (The house is actually pretty nice).

Our solution is to put in a battery based system and find a home for
the never installed M-190s. Would anyone like to adopt these puppies?

Thanks,

Drake

Drake Chamberlin
Athens Electric LLC