[RE-wrenches] MC3-MC4 Connectors

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Wed Feb 13 15:55:44 PST 2013

I'm getting an odd number of calls recently from local people who want MC4
connectors. When I tell them a crimping tool is needed, they tell me they
could also use MC3 to MC4 adapters. I'm guessing that somebody dumped a
bunch of old modules with MC3 connectors in the local market to DIY'ers. I
keep trying to probe to see if they need MC3 locking clamshells for
interconnections to meet code, but they have no idea what I'm talking
about, of course.

Anyway, can someone give me a source for adapter cables. My usual sources
have stopped carrying them. Eventually I'll get one of these guys to let
the pros take over. :)

*Jason Szumlanski*

*Fafco Solar
*