[RE-wrenches] getting PV modules up to the roof

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Thu Feb 7 10:44:08 PST 2013

Hi Wrenches,

I imagine that all of us working in rooftop PV have put some good hard
thought on the best way to get the modules up to the roof. There are
various lifts on the market, you can hoist them with ropes manually, or
walk them up a ladder (sling them over your back). I find that the majority
of our competition in the Bay Area walks panels up the ladder for
residential projects. What is your feeling about OSHA compliance of doing
this?

Best,

August

415.559.1525