[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island DC wire size

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Feb 4 11:46:46 PST 2013

Hi it has been more than a year since I wired up a Sunny Island 5048
system and I'm trying to determine lug size for the DC conductors.  My
memory is that the maxiumm wire size was (2) #1 conductors each for
positive and negative.  Looking in the most recent SI manual states "The
Sunny Island has a MAX DC terminal rated for 2x #2/0 AWG for DC+, DC- and
PE."  Not sure if that is a typo - anyone no definitively?  The tech
support line has gotten to have as long a hold time as Outback, Xantrex,
etc...

Thanks,
Howie
--
Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Catamount Solar, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric & Hot Water Incentive Partner
http://www.CatamountSolar.com
802-272-0004