[RE-wrenches] Battery Trays and the NEC

Jeremy Rodriguez- All Solar Inc. allsolar at scswifi.net
Sat Jan 12 09:42:31 PST 2013

Hi
I have an inspector requesting info on Surrette 5000 series batteries. I have told him they are dual container and that there is not a listed enclosure for them. In fact I see no mention in the code book about requirement for a listed enclosure, only that the tray must be able to resist acid.
Since they are dual container, will there ever be a chance of leakage?
Maybe someone has some documentation on this. Surrette Rep?

Thanks
Jeremy @ All Solar
Sent via BlackBerry. Sorry for typos and shorthand!