[RE-wrenches] Protecting bonding wire on flat roofs

Benn At DayStarSolar benn at daystarsolar.ca
Wed Dec 19 06:03:26 PST 2012

Jason, for a flat roof with any sort of equipment or obstructions on it, tripping hazards are to be expected and a person with access should be expected to watch out for them.  However these days we have to go out of our way to protect against stu**dity (I mean those who are out of their element :) )

To start with post a sign at the entrance to the area that there are trip hazards (as well as a roof edge and...) Additionally you can mark the hazards with reflective flags on fiberglass poles (think driveway markers) on either edge/side or along the trip hazard.
Or eliminate the trip hazard by elevating the wire jump and clearly marking so that it *should be obvious.

Ramps over conduit runs... this can be wise to prevent some from using the conduit as a 'step', but can get out of hand (and budget) if the area is large and there are lots of places the ramps are needed.
Designated walkways enclosed with handrails can be a good idea if the area may be frequented.

benn
Sent from a 'smart' phone, with touch screen keys. Please excuse shortcuts and typos.