[RE-wrenches] Small PV system/experiment for kids

Karl Jaeger kjaeger at lightwavesolar.com
Wed Dec 12 06:35:00 PST 2012

Hi Jason,
When I was in fifth grade I built a little PV project. It consisted of a very small module (smaller than a dollar bill) and a tiny dc motor mounted in a box with string hooked up to it, and some weights. I demonstrated how shading and irradiance levels affect how much weight the motor could lift. I received an 'A'.

Karl Jaeger
LightWave Solar Electric