[RE-wrenches] Info On 2 V batteries Please

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Nov 28 13:33:58 PST 2012

Peter,

I use a variable 20 amp, 1-30 volt power supply with CC or CV for such situations. You can learn a lot by charging individual cells. Plus you can raise the voltage up much higher (2.8VPC) without harm as long as you monitor temperature. Above 125°, stop charging or reduce voltage.

If you can't do this, you can continue charging and the low cells will simply absorb more current until they reach equilibrium.

With 17 amps current, you are a long way from 100% SoC.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems