[RE-wrenches] AC Modules ready for primetime?

Rebecca Lundberg Rebecca.Lundberg at powerfullygreen.com
Wed Oct 31 09:32:07 PDT 2012

We installed 11.5 kW of the AUO/BenQ AC modules with SolarBridge
inverters in November 2011. The system is performing impressively
well! We chose this product because the installation includes both
south-facing and east-facing roof surfaces, and there are a few trees
that have a branch in the way at some times of year. The site is right
on the St. Croix River in Minnesota.

Initially I was unfamiliar with AUO, but have since learned it is a
very bankable company with a long history in the electronics industry.
I think they co-own the cell manufacturing plant with Sun Power. At
the time the product seemed not quite ready for market, but it's been
a full year and they are definitely ready now. SolarBridge was
fantastic with their tech support, and they have a new monitoring
interface that we saw at SPI 2012, very promising. This customer is
having us back in a few weeks to install 3.5 kW more on his
west-facing roof, and we're going to add a few to our home/office. I
really like that the micro-inverter is intentionally paired with the
module, because it removes the potential 'clipping' concern.

Keep Shining!
Rebecca Lundberg
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer ®
Owner/CEO, Powerfully Green