[RE-wrenches] AC Modules ready for primetime?

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Tue Oct 30 09:20:00 PDT 2012

Nik,

My only experience is with SunPower's ACPV product (microinverters by
SolarBridge). We've installed a handful of residential systems with mixed
results. The first generation SolarBridge connectors don't always connect
properly resulting in data loss and the locking clips break easily. The
cabling is expensive but overall fairly straightforward to use. ACPV
doesn't require a GEC (only equipment grounding) which is a big plus. The
monitoring system through SunPower is a work in progress and has caused us
a lot of service time.

I believe there are other module manufacturers selling the SolarBridge AC
module but I'm not sure about availability.

Good luck with it.

Best,

August

August Goers