[RE-wrenches] SDHW collector covers

Ken Schaal Ken at commonwealthsolar.com
Fri Oct 26 03:11:52 PDT 2012

I'll second that suggestion---  greenhouse shade cloth is cheaper, and lasts
as long.  shading coefficient used depends on how much solar gain reduction
you need. For my office radiant floor collectors-- ground mount, recycled
Reynolds aluminum, anti-freeze --- I cover completely with white,
reinforced, 6 mil, UV inhibited polyethylene vapor barrier. Online source
would be Tek Supply.

Some hardware stores stock Pheifer. Farm supply/ greenhouse supply outfits
would also be a good source for both. Be sure poly is UV protected.

This issue is just another reason to use a DrainBack system when possible.

Ken Schaal
CommonWealth Solar
Ashland Va.