[RE-wrenches] Ten K Solar

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 04:56:25 PDT 2012

1. Too much reflected light onto the array in the old Carrizo Solar caused
the acidic acid in modules' encapsulant to turn brown, reducing production
to the point that the whole field was scrapped after I don't know how many
years of service. But I would wonder if similar problems might occur with
these...especially in very hot locations in the summer. Otherwise, I think
that a smaller ratio of reflected light has been a neglected and cheap route
for increasing array output ("energy density").

2. Microinverters operate with MPPT from relatively low voltage modules, so
that is not especially new. Tho did I read MPPT at the cell level? That
would be new.

Bill Dorsett
Sunwrights
Manhattan, KS