[RE-wrenches] Off-grid non-inverter battery charger recommendations?

Dave Palumbo dave at independentpowerllc.com
Mon Oct 15 11:40:05 PDT 2012

There is a potentiometer on the board of the IOTA chargers that used to be
assessable through a hole in the cover. I adjusted a new one two weeks ago
and had to open it up to get at the pot. Adjusts up 15.6VDC with plug in and
14.8 with the jumper plug out.  Some of the older models would adjust up to
16.5V and the new ones may as well, I did not need that value with the last
charger.

These are very simple units that could be considered a fire hazard in the
wrong place/hands. I use for the lowest of the low budgets that are way, way
off-grid and always explain the caveat to not have flammable things anywhere
close to it. I had a couple of Todds spark off a number of years ago. Caused
some excitement.

-Dave

David Palumbo

Independent Power LLC