[RE-wrenches] AC (only) Diversion

Michael Welch michael.welch at re-wrenches.org
Sat Oct 13 18:15:12 PDT 2012

Hi Nathan and Wrenches. Sharkey asked me to post this for him:

In response to Nathan Stumpff, I designed and use a microprocessor-based dump load to keep my RE power off the grid: http://www.mrsharkey.com/solar-power-diversion-load-controller (see links at the top of this page for previous editions covering development of the design).

Also, have him take a look at http://openenergymonitor.org/emon/node/841 for a phase-control system that uses a triac device.

Tell him to beware, if he is connected through a modern digital meter, not only will it not credit him for power fed back to the grid, he'll be charged the retail rate for every KwH that he places on the utilities lines!!!