[RE-wrenches] Trojan 2 volt L-16s

John DeBoever jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
Mon Oct 8 14:39:10 PDT 2012

William,

It is not recommended to replace one bad unit by a new one in a 1 year-old battery bank. That will definitely unbalance the strings.

Modern solar chargers and inverter-chargers typically have settings adjustable to reset to handle a previously 48V battery bank configuration into a 46V battery bank configuration with the healthier units.  Please consult the controls OEM's for how low the newly configured battery bank voltage can be handled if there is more than one bad unit. I understand the max is 3 units on a 48V bank. To be confirmed.

John

John F. DeBoever

Global Technical & Projects Director - Renewable Energy

Trojan Battery Company

12380 Clark Street

Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Tel: +1-562-236-3000 Ext. 3139

Cell: +1-845-514-7600 - NY office time zone: USA EST (GMT-5)

Skype: john.f.deboever

Fax: +1-562-236-3239

jdeboever at trojanbattery.com

www.trojanbattery.com