[RE-wrenches] AC coupling and Outback inverters

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Fri Oct 5 05:03:06 PDT 2012

I would advise against using CAT-5 cabling for any RS-485 data
communications, it is not an appropriate tool for the job. This is a common
poor practice in the solar industry.

4 conductor shielded, 24AWG jacketed cable is what SMA recommends, and is
appropriate for this purpose.

Glenn Burt

(many years of data comms experience B4 solar)