[RE-wrenches] Short Circuit cell damage

Hilton Dier hiltondier at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 11:14:04 PDT 2012

Rather than that, I leave a convenient pair of connectors disconnected, overlap them by a few inches, and wrap them together with red tape. It is a pseudo lockout. Everyone on my crew knows to ask and get explicit confirmation before joining connectors wrapped like that.

I have to confess that once for sheer amusement I stripped a few inches on the leads of a roughly 100V string, put on my sunglasses and struck an arc. It jumped a good inch and ate up half an inch of #8.

Hilton

Hilton Dier III
Renewable Energy Design
Solar Gain, LLC