[RE-wrenches] Direct PV-EV charging: possible?

Parrish, Peter Peter.Parrish at canyons.edu
Thu Aug 23 13:17:41 PDT 2012

I am currently researching this opportunity from the perspective of having "Solar Carports with EV Charging". The idea is to have about 2.5 kW-dc produce about 10 kWh/d @ 240 Vac (avg over a year). They could also be set up with a specialized charge controller to handle DC charging. I want to pick the "sweet spot" first and was thinking the 240 Vac/L2 charging system would be my first choice.

Let's take the discussion off line. Anyone else who is interested is welcome. - Peter

Peter T. Parrish, Ph.D., Chair
Alternative Energy Department
College of the Canyons
17200 Sierra Hwy.