[RE-wrenches] Best practices for comp shingle flashing?

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Aug 17 11:48:14 PDT 2012

Hi Eric,

We've used TTi, EcoFasten, and Quick Mount. I like Quick Mount the best but
they are a bit pricy so we've been using Eco Fasten for the majority of our
work over the last year. If anything, I've found that TTi requires more
labor and is more likely to require shingle cutting plus I'm gun-shy about
their material quality.  That said, the majority of our standard comp
shingle mounts require no shingle cutting (although you might have to
remove a nail or two) with Quick Mount or Eco Fasten. You just slide them
up under the shingles as pictured in this video:

http://www.quickmountpv.com/training/videos/classic-comp-install.html

Maybe you have a different kind of comp in your neck of the woods? If
you're really worried about it you can always take a sample out and see if
you can slide it under the shingles without any cutting. It just might work.

Good luck.

Best, August