[RE-wrenches] mounting hardware and U.L.

R Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Jul 19 21:34:49 PDT 2012

I don't think any bolts, washers, nuts, screws, lags, all thread, etc are UL listed either.  There aren't UL batteries, so they can't prevent us from powering off grid homes.  Is concrete UL listed, when we do a ground mount array or a Uffer ground?
The card being played here is article 110.2 'equipment shall be acceptable only if approved';  then article 100 defines approved as being 'acceptable to the AHJ'  I call this little bit of NEC BS, the AHJ = God conundrum.  110.3 (A) provides many other criteria besides listing to verify the acceptability of equipment, so regardless of the seemingly omnipotent 110.2, an AHJ can't reasonably require equipment that doesn't exist.

Ray