[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

Jason Lerner wapalco at rockisland.com
Sat Jul 14 07:22:57 PDT 2012

Hi Larry,

I am not talking about doing a discharge to 90% DOD,  I was talking about doing a discharge to 20% DOD.  Let's say summer folk come up for 1 month a year,  and discharge to 20% DOD daily,   then fully recharge with a 2 hour absorb charge and then float until the sun goes down. This systems charge controller is set to auto EQ every 30 days to stir up the electrolyte,  and all loads are turned off when nobody is there.  Let's say there is 4 FLA golf cart batteries and 500 watts of PV.  Four average sun hours a day.  How long would you expect these batteries to last?

Thanks very much,

Jason

Waldron Power and Light Co.