[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

John DeBoever jdeboever at trojanbattery.com
Mon Jul 9 16:25:38 PDT 2012

Dick,

Yes, correct, partial state of charge.

John

On Jul 9, 2012, at 18:45, "Richard L Ratico" <Richard.L.Ratico at valley.net> wrote:

> John,
>
> Thanks for that clarification. One question: What is PSOC? Partial State Of
> Charge?
>
> Dick Ratico
> Solarwind Electric
>

> --- You wrote:
> Jason, Wrenches,
>
> Thank you for your patience and positive statements on Trojan Battery Company.
> Last week was a busy and I was away from my desk most of the time with limited
> access to Internet.
>
> Both the Premium "RE" versions L16RE-A and L16RE-B, and, the Signature  L16P &
> L16H are great deep-cycles lead acid batteries for solar applications. The key
> differences between them are:
>

> u  The grid is thicker for the Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16RE-B, which
> effectively reinforces further the frame strength which results into a greater
> corrosion resistance;
>
> u  There is relatively more electrolyte in contact with the plates in the
> Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16REB, which enhances the electrochemical reaction,
> particularly during PSOC;
>
> u  The rubber-based multi-rib geometry separator is approx. 30% thicker for the
> Premium "RE" L16RE-A and L16RE-B, which translates into a longer life of the
> separator. The thicker multi-ribs geometry keeps over time the acid channels
> open longer, promoting the flow of the electrolyte . As a result, the thicker
> separator is reducing the risk of stratification and enhancing electrochemical
> processing throughout the plates, resulting into longer continuous performance
> of the battery.
>
> u  In the approx. same form factor (except the height), this results into more
> lead per Ah capacity on the L16-RE units nameplate.
>

> As a consequence, the cycling performances of the Premium "RE" is 1,600 cycles @
> 50% DOD and 4,000 cycles @ 20% DOD. Respectively 1,200 cycles # 50% DOD, and,
> 3,000 cycles @ 20% DOD @ 20% DOD, for the L16-P & L16-H.
>
> I hope this helps. Let me know if I can shed further light on other attributes
> of lead acid batteries.
>
> Sunniest regards,
>
> John
>
> John F. DeBoever
> Global Technical & Projects Director - Renewable Energy
> Trojan Battery Company
> --- end of quote ---
>
> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
> Options & settings:

> List rules & etiquette:

This e-mail message and any attachments that accompany it may contain
information that is confidential, privileged, or protected from disclosure.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual(s) to whom it was intended
to be addressed. If you have received this e-mail by mistake, or you are not
the intended recipient, any reading, disclosure, copying or other use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately advise the sender at their phone number listed
above, or by electronic mail, and also permanently delete the original and all
copies of this e-mail and any attachments from all locations. Thank you.