[RE-wrenches] Security / theft questions

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Sun Jul 8 05:41:15 PDT 2012

While on the subject, who is recording the serial number on all installed modules? This is one service that you can provide to your customers. Taking a photo of each serial number either on the pallet or the module itself seems to be an easy way to get the information archived.

Then what we need is an international database for stolen modules!

The thievability of microinverters may also present some future issues. A 4 pound inverter with a threaded cable connector is a lot easier and safer to remove and transport than a 60 pound 5kW inverter!

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar