[RE-wrenches] Outdoor woodstove/furnace and solar

Ron Young solareagle at solareagle.com
Sat Jul 7 11:11:20 PDT 2012

I have one customer that has built his own system using an old woodstove with a series of buried interconnecting 4" air pipes and small computer fans that he picked up in a surplus store. It needs some tlc on a regular basis but at 4500' in the mountains of western British Columbia (i.e. pretty far north) he has tomatoes growing in his greenhouse in October. But I'm looking for systems that are pre-packaged like the Central Boiler brand that David Katz recommended and any specific experiences with power consumption and the viability of it off-grid.

Ron Young