[RE-wrenches] tile roof solutions

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Fri Jul 6 07:24:33 PDT 2012

We've used the ProSolar tile track over the years and it has worked well. I've installed hundreds of systems in the Coachella Valley in the Palm Springs area of Southern California. Many of the roofs are S-Tile. This tile is very fragile and you need to expect to crack tiles that will need to be replaced. We drill the S-Tile and replace it over the all-thread standoff, sealing the penetration with one of the many solutions on the market. Another method we've used with success is to remove the tiles under the area of the array and have a roofer put down a layer of roll out roofing material, then we replace tiles up to the edge of the array, it gives the array a integrated look, but adds a little to the overall cost.

Max Balchowsky
Design Engineer
SEE Systems
1048 Irvine Ave Suite 217