[RE-wrenches] Enphase failures

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Thu Jul 5 15:09:07 PDT 2012

The M190 had a first year failure rate far higher than the M215, of which
we have only swapped a couple. I can echo your frustration with the M190,
especially the 208V model. Based on the M215 performance so far, we are
happy to continue selling Enphase.

We have some sites that have had multiple string inverter replacements over
just a few years. I can't say that is any more palatable.

If you don't find the labor reimbursement rate adequate for your business,
maybe you should consider a trip charge or compensatory fee. $150 isn't
worth it sometimes when you have to drive hours or under adverse
circumstances.

Jason Szumlanski
Fafco Solar