[RE-wrenches] Voltage Datalogger

Philip Boutelle philboutelle at gmail.com
Thu May 24 16:59:43 PDT 2012

Jason,

Following up William's comment, here's an eGauge with battery voltage
monitoring:  http://egauge2093.egaug.es/

De-select all the register choices at the bottom of the graph except for
"Battery Voltage". The y-scale is in Watts but it's really V-DC; the folks
at eGauge are working on that.

It fits the bill for what you described: no computer required, as the
eGuage is its own web server, but there's an issue here: the eGauge and
HomePlug require at least 85V. If there is any AC on-site (how is the
modem/router powered?), use that to power the eGauge device and get it the
internet connection as well. The benefit of the eGauge is that you get load
monitoring as well.

-Phil