[RE-wrenches] Sunny Island Autotransformer

Glenn Burt glenn.burt at glbcc.com
Fri Apr 13 18:19:37 PDT 2012

Look at the Acme T-3-53044-S.

I used this in my last system.

-Glenn Burt

From: re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org
[mailto:re-wrenches-bounces at lists.re-wrenches.org] On Behalf Of Aaron
Mandelkorn
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 6:41 PM
To: RE-wrenches
Subject: [RE-wrenches] Sunny Island Autotransformer

Dear wrenches,  I will be installing a single Sunny Island 5048 for a
battery backup system that will utilize a Sunny Boy 5000US as well as 240
volt loads.  I know that Outback makes a 4 and 6kv autotransformer and there
are units rated as much as 8kv from other companies.  Being a 5000 watt
inverter I think the 6kv from outback would work but SMA is telling me to go
with the highest rated unit I can find.  The price difference between the
different autotransformers is substantial and I don't want to buy more than
I need. It would be great to hear from anyone who has installed a single
Sunny Island 5048 and what autotransformer they used.  Thanks in advanced.

Aaron Mandelkorn

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Owner / Operator

Renewable Energy Outfitters