[RE-wrenches] Abysmally low production from FLEXpowerTWO GVFX3648 system

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Mon Apr 9 10:14:20 PDT 2012

Hi Bob !  Long time no see...

A good sanity check is to note the Voc of the array connected to a specific
controller and then see what the voltage is that the controller is
running it
at.  Without shading, the input voltage should be running somewhere
between 75%
to 82% of that Voc.   If Voc is 100 volts, then MPP voltage will be
around 80 volts
or so.  Much higher than 80% and it usually means that the batteries are
full
or inverter is not selling to grid or the tracking is off.

Too low of MPP V usually indicates partial shading or tracking.

boB