[RE-wrenches] Overcurrent error SW4024

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:11:12 PDT 2012

Mac;
We accidentally solved our problem similar to yours the other day.
We were making some big PV racks, and had to move the welder to the
other side of the shop, with no 240v outlet. So we added a 240
extension cord to the welder. End of problem.
Yes, Mac's problem *could* be an age /  shorting/overcurrent problem
in the 240V autotransformer.....but that's no explanation for our
problem here. The welder is fine as frog hair here.
So, i would say try adding some resistance to the line to the
autotransformer, Mac. Our SW inverter "overcurrent" shutdown problem
has nothing to do with overcurrent....it's some sort of line condition
that tricks the SW into thinking there's a problem.
DAN FINK