[RE-wrenches] Kohler 8.5 RMY question

Dana dana at solarwork.com
Wed Apr 4 07:33:07 PDT 2012

Hey Alan - is that a 3600 RPM or 1800 RPM unit? Air cooled or water cooled?
Mostly winter service or year round use?

At 1800 RPM that unit has 80K miles & at 3600 RPOM it has 160K miles. If
3600 RPM, air cooled and in a hot local & depending on the
service/maintenance it has received it may be near the end of its life.
There are too many factors to really determine without a mechanics
investigation as to the health of their unit.

It always perplexes me when people buy something used and then they feel it
was misrepresented. Come on, it was used, and had 2000 hours on it, that is
like a 40 hour work week for almost a year. The $ spent on the lawyer would
fix the probably fix the unit......

Thanks

Dana Orzel -  Great Solar Works, Inc -  E - dana at solarwork.com -  V
970.626.5253

F - 970.626.4140     C - 970.209.4076     web - www.solarwork.com

"Responsible Technologies for Responsible People since 1988"