[RE-wrenches] small wind generators

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Tue Apr 3 07:29:22 PDT 2012

We have used the Marine X version for three years without problems.

On 4/3/2012 10:17 AM, Drake wrote:
> Hi Roy,
>
> It would be for a cloudy weather backup for an off grid system.  From
> what you are saying, it doesn't sound like it will produce much.
> There is one on a highway weather station near here, and it spins a
> lot, and is only ~ 15' above the ground.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Drake
>

> At 10:04 AM 4/3/2012, you wrote:
>> Hi Drake,
>>
>> The Air 403/ Air-X/ Air Breeze/ whatever it's name is now, is fairly
>> dependable.
>> In most wind regimes it's the equivalent of a 10 or 20 watt solar
>> module but
>> seems to work just fine. FYI- it's ~ 200 watts or so.
>>
>> It's not the quietest thing though, being a fairly high rpm turbine.
>>
>> But the Sunforce 600 is not a 600. The rotor diameter tells the
>> truth, making it
>> somewhere around a 200 - 250 watt machine. Perhaps they have the bugs
>> worked
>> out but when they first came out, there were many reliability and
>> performance issues.
>>
>> What's the application for this?
>>
>> Roy Butler
>> NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
>> NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
>> NYSERDA eligible PV&  wind installer
>> Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
>> 8902 Route 46, Arkport, NY 14807
>> 607-324-9747
>> www.four-winds-energy.com  <http://www.four-winds-energy.com>
>>
>> Join us at the 8th Annual Small Wind Conference
>> A Gathering of Installers, Manufacturers, Dealers,&  Distributors
>> June 12 and 13, 2012 in Stevens Point, Wisconsin
>>
>> www.smallwindconference.com  <http://www.smallwindconference.com>
>>
>> Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
>> a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
>>

>> On 4/3/2012 9:44 AM, Drake wrote:
>>> Hello Wrenches,
>>>
>>> Are the new Air 403 wind machines more reliable than in times past?
>>>
>>> I'm also looking at a Sunforce 600 W machine.  How do these small
>>> turbines hold up these days?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Drake
>>>
>>> Drake Chamberlin
>>> ATHENS ELECTRIC LLC
>>> OH License 44810
>>> CO license 3773
>>> NABCEP Certified PV

>>> List Address:
>>>
>>> RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org  <mailto:RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>
>>>
>>> Options&  settings:

>>> http://lists.re-wrenches.org/pipermail/re-wrenches-re-wrenches.org
>>>
>>> List rules&  etiquette:
>>>
>>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm  <http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm>
>>>
>>> Check out participant bios:
>>>
>>> www.members.re-wrenches.org  <http://www.members.re-wrenches.org>

>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>>
>> Options & settings:

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>> <http://www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm>

> [...]

Christopher Warfel, P.E.
ENTECH Engineering, Inc.
Energy Utilization Experts
(401)466-8978

The information contained within this communication shall
be considered confidential and shall not be retransmitted
without knowledge of the sender. Please contact us if
this email reached you in error. Thank you.