[RE-wrenches] linear gates

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Sun Apr 1 13:56:46 PDT 2012

Jay:

I used to work on electric gates, but infrequently.  One gate I had worked
on closed on a client's truck and caused extensive damage.  Fortunately I
had previously informed the client that the gates was unsafe and should be
disabled, so I was not held liable.

I decided at that time that occasional work on electric gates would not
provide me with the proper expertise to avoid the possibility of serious
accidents.  Working with a "cobbled" gate actuator may also open liability
exposure.  If it were me, I would insist on a purpose-built gate package,
not Rube Goldberg parts.

William Miller