[RE-wrenches] Wood boiler ignition issue

jason pozner zzyyzzx11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:02:39 PDT 2012

Hi Kris,

I have only had one experience similar to yours.  It was a DR inverter, and
a the client installed a new Budaris boiler.  The boiler didn't like the
power source, and we were faced with a similar choice of replacing inverter
or appliance.  In my inquiry someone suggested putting a capacitor (I
believe 50 micro farad) in line with the power source.  With the blessing
of the client, we tried it and It worked like a charm (about 4 years now).
In theory I follow the logic, but as I put this out to the blog I would be
curious what others have to say about this cheaper (about $30) fix.

Jay

Jay Poz
Nunatak AES
(970) 349-3432