[RE-wrenches] Need info resource re wind & hail damage

Nathan Jones solardude97 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 17:19:53 PST 2012

Alan,
My personal array survived a tennis ball sized hail event unscathed.The hail came in out of the west on a 50 MPH or so straight line wind. My array was fixed rack at 37 degree tilt. The hail hit the modules at enough of an angle that they all survived. (7KW of 120 watt, 12 volt modules) The windows on the west side of the house were all broken, the roof was destroyed as was all west facing vinyl siding. My work truck and two work trailers were pretty beat up on the left sides and the tops. I was preparing to move and had dismantled 16 evac. tubes and had them leaning against the west side of the barn. None survived. Still have the work truck (pics on request). Have used the truck as an example of what the modules can go through and survive several times over the years.
Good luck,
Nathan Jones
Power Source Solar