[RE-wrenches] Need info resource re wind & hail damage

Larry Crutcher, Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Fri Mar 9 14:49:17 PST 2012

William, sounds like you have been hiding in my showroom. We see this weekly and it is definitely not good to get in the middle. Just offer the facts, plainly presented.

Alan, If anecdotal stories will help, I personally had my PV system survive a 12 minute hail storm with up to 2.5 inch sizes. My modules were facing the the hail direction. The PV survived unscathed but the house had $23,000 in damage. We also have had RV customers tell of windshield smashing stones with no harm to the PV modules.

Good luck!

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems
(928) 342-9103