[RE-wrenches] reliable 12vdc to 5vdc converters for USB charging

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Wed Feb 22 12:02:55 PST 2012

Jim:

Astrodyne makes encapsulated modules that convert Dc to DC.  You will need
to build an enclosure with fuses and a little circuit board.  I have one in
the field providing 5 VDC and 12 VDC for a broadband internet relay.  It
has worked well for years.

Here is a link for one
model:
http://www.astrodyne.com/ecatalog/usa/encapsulated-power-supply/ASD30-24S5

Or you can go the this page and choose your
own:  http://www.astrodyne.com/ecatalog/usa/encapsulated-power-supply

Good luck.

William Miller