[RE-wrenches] Interstate L-16 vs Trojan L-16REB

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 19:46:27 PST 2012

IConcur with Larry,
I am convinced that cycling batteries need to be cycled  and equalized. Here is my understanding or
guess. A cycling battery stratifies much faster than a lead calcium (float battery).
The stratification is because of self-discharge and the water rises to the top
and acid concentrates on bottom.  When the
low concentration acid near the top causes plate corrosion and swelling of the plates
and fixing of the lead sulfate.  If the
battery is to float a long time a good AGM type may be better.  However remember some batteries do not like
vibration.