[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

Kent Osterberg kent at coveoregon.com
Thu Feb 9 10:22:15 PST 2012

Mark,

The warranty reads, "After the first 36 months of service, defective
batteries will be adjusted for a period of up to 120 months prorated
from the date first in service at prices in effect at time of adjustment."

Prorate means to divide up proportionally. In this case, the value is
proportional to the time. Five years is 60 months or 50% or 120 months.

There must have been a mistake in someone's computations. The customer
should have been credited 50% the value of a new battery.

Kent Osterberg
Blue Mountain Solar, Inc.
www.bluemountainsolar.com
t: 541-568-4882