[RE-wrenches] Battery Experience

Marv Dargatz Marv.Dargatz at solaredge.com
Thu Feb 9 09:27:36 PST 2012

Has anybody on this list ever used Thermoil?  http://thermoil.com/

My dad has a Jeep that sits for months at a time while they travel in the winter.  He used Thermoil in the battery when it was new, and it's still going strong after more than ten years.  He also put it in the house batteries in his motorhome, and they still have most of their capacity after 12 years.  I'm not sure if it's related to the use of Thermoil, but he says that the battery terminals do not show signs of corrosion either.

It's about time to replace my 48V battery bank, and I'd sure like to hear what you guys think about this.  Comments from battery manufacturers would also be appreciated.

See ya!

Marv
Director of Technology and Support, North America
SolarEdge Technologies, Inc.
Tech Support North America:  +877.360.5292