[RE-wrenches] Paralleling Mutlitple Inverter

Mark Frye markf at berkeleysolar.com
Sun Jan 22 09:20:34 PST 2012

Nick,

Forgive me as I am referencing NEC 2008. But 690.64 (B) Load Side, "...and
where this distribution equipment is capable of supplying multiple branch
circuits, or feeders, or both...shall comply..."

To the extent the accumulation panel is NOT capable of supplying other
circuits, then NONE of the requirements of 690.64 (B) apply and the rating
of both the load center and the load center feeder need only be sufficient
to carry the connected load which would be 1.25 times the output rating of
all the inverters.

If you do need to add branch circuits to the dedicated load center for
things like monitoring equipment, it is reasonable that the above remain
unchanged so long as there is permanent marking stating that no additional
load circuits can be added (only supported by Code to the extent AHJ's can
make determination of acceptability.)

Mark Frye
Berkeley Solar Electric Systems
303 Redbud Way