[RE-wrenches] Off-grid e-gauge system

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Dec 27 16:35:55 PST 2012

Chris:

Wattage produced by the generator.  This is a specific need this particular
client has, although of course we will be monitoring usage by at least two
sub panels as well as well pump usage if practicable.

I have finally figured out how to scan the home screen of a gird-tied
E-Gauge system.  Once I reviewed the correct You Tube video it all made
sense.  The colors and the white are all combine to give a clear image of a
grid-tied system operation.

I am assuming that if I configure an off-grid E-Gauge system correctly, the
green area above the pink line will represent battery charging minus
efficiency losses.  Is this your understanding?

William

At 03:13 PM 12/27/2012, you wrote:
>Wattage from a generator or generated power? Generated power is the same
>as load, right?
>

>On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 5:50 PM, William Miller
><<mailto:william at millersolar.com>william at millersolar.com> wrote:
>Chris:
>
>I want to measure generator watts.
>
>William
>

>At 01:16 PM 12/27/2012, you wrote:
>><http://egauge2574.egaug.es/>http://egauge2574.egaug.es/
>>Now, what do you want to measure. Being an off-grid system, all you can
>>measure is the output. The normal use for an egauge is to compare load
>>with output in a grid tied system, or output to utility export/import in
>>a hybrid system. In the system I just set up, it would only show the
>>power output of the inverter, as the CTs cannot measure the DC output of
>>the solar system.

>List Address:
><mailto:RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings: