[RE-wrenches] Off-grid e-gauge system

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Dec 27 16:41:33 PST 2012

John:

If we can just get one more tweak:  I'd like to change the legends on the
home screen to replace the term "grid" with "generator."  I think this is
the final step to make the display make sense.

The E-Gauge engineers and tech support people are very helpful and
responsive to special requests.  This is a good service model.  I will
continue to use their products.

William Miller

At 03:30 PM 12/27/2012, you wrote:

>The eGauge can measure battery voltage now (using L3 input), been running
>with it for months, and they are finishing up work on a DC CT to show
>amperage too. Fantastic product, and now even more so for the off-grid
>crowd. This is the first time we can really see what it happening in
>remote sites - when the batteries run down, the generator runs, how loads
>affect both; we can get emails and/or text messages to keep track of
>generator run time (think failure to auto-stop), etc.
>John McNicholas
>From: Chris Mason
><<mailto:cometenergysystems at gmail.com>cometenergysystems at gmail.com>
>Date: December 27, 2012 4:16:13 PM EST
>To: RE-wrenches
><<mailto:re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>
>Subject: Re: [RE-wrenches] Off-grid e-gauge system
><<mailto:re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>re-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org>
>
>http://egauge2574.egaug.es/
>Now, what do you want to measure. Being an off-grid system, all you can
>measure is the output. The normal use for an egauge is to compare load
>with output in a grid tied system, or output to utility export/import in a
>hybrid system. In the system I just set up, it would only show the power
>output of the inverter, as the CTs cannot measure the DC output of the
>solar system.
>

>On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 3:48 PM, William Miller
><<mailto:william at millersolar.com>william at millersolar.com> wrote:
>Chris:
>
>I am trying to demonstrate for a potential customer what and E-Gauge
>display on an off-grid system would look like.

>List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org
>
>Options & settings:

>List rules & etiquette:
>www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm