[RE-wrenches] Radian design limitation - am I missing something?

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Mon Dec 17 12:31:21 PST 2012

I second WIlliam's sentiment about having all equipment communicate
together, but Outback just ain't there.  I know Midnite's stuff will
communicate with the universal MODBUS language, and is not that silly
proprietary stuff that Outback does.  I don't see any reason not to use
Midnite Classic lites and go to 4  modules in series.  The customer will
also appreciate the computer interface on MyMidnite, much more than
suffering through the "MATE" screen.  Let the Outbacks sell
independently, and I think for 2012, that's as good as it gets.
The idea of AC coupling as  others noted is also a decent option, but
when I last looked, it is much more expensive.
Charge controllers are much cheaper per watt than inverters for a 48 vdc
battery.

Ray Walters