[RE-wrenches] Very small, auto-start gas generator?

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 15:01:09 PST 2012

We are looking at a load of about 100 watts, 24/7, and the locations would
be in the Caribbean with 5-6 full sun hours daily, most days. I don't
foresee a large amount of generator run time, but storms and fog happen.

This is not in the USA, so I also see issues in obtaining AGM batteries.
Golf car batteries are common.

I'm not seeing much out there for tiny generators, and I'm starting to
think that the occasional hammering of a golf car battery bank by a
week-long period of no sun might be more cost-effective -- it won't happen
very often, and I believe the 12vdc gear they are running is really 5vdc
USB, so their power supply won't cut out until 10,5 vdc.

 I believe that lack of noise is also an issue. The one thing they don't
lack down there is sun, that's for sure. A hammered battery bank would fill
in a day.

Hmmm..contemplating this. Thanks for your input, all!

DAN FINK