[RE-wrenches] Best practices for conduit penetration on roof

Jason Szumlanski jason at fafcosolar.com
Mon Nov 26 10:50:45 PST 2012

I just called Soladeck and they are sending me some more info on
availability. I'll pass it along when I get it. I didn't realize they made
an AC roof mounted string combiner solution. That's a huge help for 2 or 3
string Enphase installations (they make both combiners).

While on the subject, we recently started using the Enphase cable couple
with Type TC-ER cable to extend cabling to junction boxes when necessary...
No more wasting trunk cable connectors! I suppose Type TC-ER could be used
all the way to the main distribution panel, thereby eliminating junctions
on the roof, but I haven't looked into the cost/benefit of that idea.

*Jason Szumlanski*

*Fafco Solar*