[RE-wrenches] EMT in attic

Nick Vida nickvida at ymail.com
Thu Nov 8 20:22:07 PST 2012

Hi Wrenches,

Thanks for you comments. Fun for the day is hearing they want to apply section 230 about service conductors and say that flex is not a metallic raceway because it is no good for bonding. They are defining the pv source circuits as a service.
I am getting a distinct Wiles vibe here.

I find it so annoying when they try to put out these distinctions with no code, no city ordinance and not even an internal memo, especially when they remain obstinate without going to the trouble to actually legitimize the interpretation.

Dan- are the output circuits necessarily DC? I would have to look at NEC for a minute, but it doesn't seem to add up to me right now.

Thanks,

Nick Vida